Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Experince at HCOP

If this is the space to be honest about this program here it goes. I thought it was okay, I feel like the "student interns" that we were suppose to be didn't reach its fulfillment. There was only ONE field trip that we got to go on that was out of Springfield, I understand that when you don't have communication that things fall though. But I fell like the people who said "let's have 20 so new kids come into the program" should have had all the field trips planned out before the program even started. Seeing how we only went to one college that was outside of Springfield just made my program experience loss a lot of points. Also the teachers in this program they could of had a better positive attitude about the HCOP program. The teens might of not had a positive outlook on the program but what do you want from us? I know some of us only came here for the money because we all need to get by. I think when you get older, you want to start providing for yourself and that's what we came here for. The money. Not all the teachers had a bad attitude about the program, majority of them had a good outcome. But when you are having a bad day, at the least you can tell your "students" that your not going to have a good day today. Like you told us to tell you when we're having a bad day. You could tell us also. The kids at the program should have left the middle school drama at middle school. I will probably get bashed for this but whatever. But thank you lord for having six weeks go by that fast. Other than that my experience wasn't that bad. It was just average. In my eyes things could be changed around a lot. Its pretty nice when the adults here judge you and tell you that high school teachers judge you too. Then you tell the kids not to judge others but than you do it yourself. Some hypocrite that you are. Maybe if the adults were a good role model then maybe others will follow. This is just my HONEST opinion on this HCOP program.

No comments:

Post a Comment