Monday, August 8, 2011

Career Interests&Aptitude Tests

Test Number One: http://career.missouri.edu/students/majors-careers/skills-interests/career-interest-game/?menu=student&expand=si
- The careers that appeal to me the most are Counselor/Therapist (SAE) and Preschool Worker (SEA).

Test Number Two: http://www.careerpath.com
- The results I got from taking the 'Job Discovery Wizard' test are Recreation Workers, Fire Investigator, and Teacher Assistants. Since I had seven pages of job results I just picked three that first came up. I would enjoy working at these jobs, or maybe even having them as a career. But my ideal job is working social working. I enjoy helping people with their problems because everyone deserves at better life or even a second chance at things.

Test Number Three: www.careerpath.com/career-tests/color-test
- I am a creator. Keywords: Nonconforming, impulsive, expressive, romantic, sensitive and emotional. Basically this means that I do what I want on my own time and make up my own schedule. Also expressing how you feel is a big thing for me and having self expression that should be practiced daily. Occupations I would have are based on arts and entertaining others with freedom of expression. I somewhat agree with these results but not entirely. I think it would be fun to have occupations that are based on arts and entertaining others, but that is not what I would like to do. I would like to be in the field of a social worker.


Research of Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers: 
- Carl Jung described the physiological types of people's lives. to an understanding of which we would understand. In the making of the MBIT Isabel and her mother Katherine wanted to make insights of theory's to individuals and groups. They addressed these related ideas int the development and application of the MBIT.

Test Number Four: http://humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
- My results are ESFJ. I am sightly expressed extrovert, moderately expressed sensing, moderately expressing feeling, and sightly expressed judging. I agree with the results because this is how my personality is.

What Does This Game Do?: http://my.monster.com/career-Planning/Pathing.aspx
This game is a career planning activity. This helps try to reach your goal as to what you want your career to be. Career planning is beneficial because you have a plan as to how to follow your dreams. When you have a plan you have a path that you can follow and be constant with. The thicker the answers is the most common path that is chosen to get to the career of your choice. This website will help you plan a path to your career.

1 comment:

  1. For test #4, there is more to it. It tells about your personality and interest. Try googling 'ESFJ profile' or 'ESFJ description'. After that, google the career that ESFJ usually become.

    ReplyDelete